Today our sixth graders at St. Joseph’s took a virtual visit and were able to “meet” a priest in India. The students sang “Who says you can’t be a Saint” by the Bosco Boys. Father Allesando had a newly ordained priest from India on the phone who could see them and answered questions and enjoyed the song! Check out the video!
Pictured are the seventh graders at St. Joseph Catholic Academy who participated in a STEM project in late May incorporating science, technology, engineering, and math to solve a real world objective, i.e., building a sailboat.
With a minimal amount of direction from the teachers, the students worked in small groups to brainstorm the materials needed, type of design, the construction of their boats, and testing of the boats in the water. They met with their groups twice a week, once during a Science class and once during a Math class. This project was a student centered, self-guided project.
As a culminating activity, students listened to each other’s group presentations, sailed their boats while insuring their boats could hold the necessary weight, and had fun afterward racing their boats against each other.
Tuesday, June 6, 2017
On Tuesday, June 6, students in grades kindergarten through seven, who are registered to attend, will enjoy a day of fun at Luna Park in Coney Island. Below you will find helpful instructions for the day.
- All students should report to school at their usual times.
- Children attending the trip may wear their play clothes.
- Anyone attending the trip should bring spending money for adrink or a treat. Seven dollars is the suggested amount since allitems in the amusement park are expensive.
- We will eat lunch upon our return.
- Parents who will be attending the trip should arrive at theAcademy by 9 a.m.
- Buses will leave the Academy between 9:15 and 9:30 a.m.
- Students should be returning to the Academy by 1:30 p.m.
- Students will be dismissed at their regular times.
- If a parent accompanies a child on the trip, the parent may signout the child upon our return to the Academy.
We hope everyone has a wonderful time celebrating the conclusion of a great academic year!
The Academy Teachers
For grades 3-8 and parents welcomed…